As the year is quickly coming to an end, have you started to look back over the year and evaluate what you have accomplished?
I trust over the next week you will reflect on 2014 and evaluate your walk with the Lord and your involvement in ministry and ask the following questions:
1) Was I obedient to the Lord in serving where He wanted?
2) Did I work on my personal walk with the Lord?
3) Did I say “yes” to things I should have said “no” to?
4) Did I spend time with my family like I should have?
5) Do I have a confidante to pour my heart out to when needed? If so, have you done so throughout the year?
6) Am I making time for myself? (Rest, physical exercise, eating properly, quiet time etc.)
7) Are there areas I need to re-evaluate?
8) What do I want to change in 2015?
These are just a few questions I believe we as pastors’ wives need to honestly ask ourselves to make sure we are remaining healthy in ministry.
Don’t ignore areas that you know you should be working on and think it will go away or get better. It won’t. We must take personal responsibility in these areas and make sure we are keeping ourselves healthy spiritually, emotionally and physically.