Pastors and pastoral staff need a safe place.
To finish well, pastors need those who will come alongside them to provide outside encouragement, counsel, and accountability. This enables them to live and serve out of spiritual, emotional, and relational well-being. The ministry of Care for Pastors wants to do everything possible to provide ministry support to pastors and their families effectively and conveniently as possible.
Many leaders have expressed a desire for their pastor and spouse, staff, or church leaders to come to our ministry office, but due to jobs, time, distance, etc. it is challenging. Care for Pastors can bring our strategic ministry of Care for Churches to the local church.
Why preventative care?
The purpose of preventative care is to offer coaching and encouragement to pastors and their spouses before they need more intensive care. With Care for Churches, we provide*:
- Evaluations of the strengths and challenges being faced by the team and the church.
- One-on-one pastoral time with the Senior Pastor, pastoral staff, and their spouses, providing the safe place they long for in ministry.
- Interactions and meetings with non-pastoral church leaders to promote unity, inform on the struggles and challenges that pastors face, and demonstrate how to work together as a team.
- On-going counsel with pastoral staff as needed.
- Complete confidentiality with the counselors of Care for Pastors and each member of the pastoral staff and their spouses.
*These are not necessarily inclusive of all our services. Customization will take place as needed
Something to consider…
Every church that loses a pastor not only loses emotionally, but also financially. This financial loss happens because people leave when a pastor leaves. People also tend to cut back on giving until they see where the church is going. There is also the cost of finding a new pastor and the cost of relocation. What seems to be the easy solution in replacing a pastor ends up impacting the church in ways that had never been considered.