I pray you are having a great Tuesday and the weekend was a tremendous weekend for you and your ministry. As you continue to minister, I pray you are staying focused and on track with the Lord. So many times we can become so caught up in doing ministry, we allow self to creep in and we aren’t staying God-centered.
I have this in the back of my Bible and wanted to share it with you today:
- Life focused on self
- Proud of self and self’s accomplishments
- Depending on self and one’s own abilities
- Affirming self
- Seeking to be acceptable to the world and its ways
- Looking at circumstances from a human perspective
- Selfish and ordinary life
- Confidence in god
- Dependence on God and His ability and provision
- Life focused on God and His activity
- Humble before God
- Denying self
- Seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness
- Seeking God’s perspective in every circumstance
- Holy and godly living
Yes, even Pastors’ wives can fall into the self-centered living. We are human and at times we fall into this way of living more than we would like to admit. I wanted to hold this in front of you today and pray that if you are out of balance, you will ask God to help you get back to God-centered living.
Please let us come alongside you in any way we can to help. If you are on Facebook, we have a closed group for “The Confidante” the link is facebook.com/groups/theconfidante and we would love for you to join so we can share prayer requests or struggles so others can hold you up in prayer. This group is by invitation only, so what you share is confidential among wives that have been invited and understand.