As we begin a New Year, I would like to talk to you today about overcoming fears. I know we all face them but I am praying we won’t allow Satan to cripple us with these fears that do not come from God.
What are you the most afraid of? What worries you the most? What fears hold you back? Here are a few fears that I know I have experienced in my ministry journey:
- Fear of failing
- Fear of being seen as incompetent
- Fear of losing your identity or sense of worth
- Fear of failing to make a real difference
- Fear of ministry consuming your family life
- Fear of sharing your husband with everyone else
- Fear of your children being turned off by church
- Fear of the control of leadership
- Fear of hurt from people you love
This list could go on and on and I know you could add many more to this list, but I want to challenge you as we begin 2018 be determined to allow God to help you overcome whatever fear or fears may be crippling you in ministry. Remember, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” II Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
Break free of those fears and live in freedom of serving the Lord! We are here to come alongside you in your ministry journey in any way we can.