I was recently made aware of a book that I have started reading and feel it is one that we all should have on our shelves because I believe it applies to every human being, whether you are in ministry or not. But I especially feel like it is something we as pastors’ wives need because we definitely let people define us.
Here is a brief description of the book:
“I want to have better relationships . . . but is it all on me to fix things?”
“This person’s approval means everything to me. It’s like it controls me.”
“Why can’t I get free from this cycle?”
If you find yourself having these feelings, it’s time to take your life back. Through personal examples, clinical insights, and spiritual truth, Stephen Arterburn and David Stoop will show you how to:
- Overcome the habits and history that are keeping you down―and take new, positive steps toward change;
- Heal from the hurts, setbacks, and broken relationships that affect you every day;
- Develop better boundaries with others in your life;
- Stop overreacting and start responding appropriately to any situation or circumstance;
- Break the cycle of behavior that harms you and your relationships;
- Find the freedom you have longed for.
Your past and current circumstances don’t have to define you, and they don’t have to determine the direction of your life. Take Your Life Back is the key to moving from reactive attitudes and behaviors to healthy, God-honoring responses that will help you live the life you were meant to live.
I know we all have relationships in our lives that need some healthy boundaries and at times we allow to define us. Whether it be family members or ministry people, we need to learn to take our life back so we can be more effective in ministry.
Please let us come alongside you in this area if you need someone to talk to, we are here to help.
Click here to purchase Take Your Life Back on Christianbook.com
Note: As an added benefit to support this ministry, if you decide to purchase this resource (or others) using the above link, Care for Pastors will get 8% back from your entire purchase. There is no additional cost to you.