I saw this definition of ministry on Facebook a while back and wanted to share it with you today because it hits the nail on the head.
- Giving when you feel like keeping.
- Praying for others when you need to be prayed for.
- Feeding others when your own soul is hungry.
- Living truth before people even when you can’t see results.
- Hurting with other people even when your own hurt can’t be spoken.
- Keeping your word even when it is not convenient.
- Being faithful even when your flesh wants to run away.
Ministry is all of that and more, and many times we grow weary by giving and giving. I want to encourage you to make sure you are setting boundaries in ministry and not letting it consume you. We must make time for our own spiritual and physical needs, and our family. Ministry cannot be number one!
Galatians 6:9 (NIV): “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”